Article provided by: Islington Village Animal Hospital
Finding a veterinary practice that is accessible and with quality care is key to saving stress for yourself and your pets in an emergency. If you live near Toronto and searching for a veterinary Toronto hospital, Islington Village is a good place to try. They have an extensive array of services ranging from dental to surgical care for pets.
How do I find a good veterinary practice for my pets?
When it comes to finding a good veterinary hospital for your pet, there is no substitute for hard work and proper research. You can easily find clinics online close to where you live and read customer reviews or online forums to see other people’s experiences. You could also try asking around friends and family for useful suggestions.
Firstly, you need to see if the hospitals you’re considering serve your pet. Most clinics handle dogs and cats. But, if you have an unusual choice of pet, call them beforehand and ask if they are equipped to serve your pet.
The main criteria to consider when choosing a clinic is the location. You want it to be as close as possible, in the case of an emergency situation. If you can’t find a good veterinary practice close enough, there are some hospitals that offer in-house visits.
When should I take my pet to a veterinary hospital?
Most veterinary clinics will have a range of services available that target all aspects of your pets’ health, from emergency care to diet. At Islington Village, a veterinary Toronto hospital, you could take them for:
- Emergency Care: Staff and vets will be on hand to deal with emergency cases that require urgent treatment (e.g., massive blood loss after an accident, broken bones,etc.)
- Spaying and Neutering: It’s essential to keep your pets spayed or neutered as a responsible pet owner.
- Routine Vaccinations: A qualified veterinarian should administer pet vaccinations.
- Diagnostic Work: You can get things like blood tests, X-rays, and ultrasounds done to ensure that your pet is healthy.
- Dental Services: This is one area that many people often overlook when it comes to pet health. But, dental issues can develop into life-threatening situations, if left untreated.
- Dietary Supplements: If you don’t know which supplements to trust for your pets, it is good to get supplements from a vet clinic as recommended by an experienced vet.
What services do veterinarians offer?
Aside from health-related pet services, you may also find services such as pet boarding. If you want to or have to go away from home and you can’t find a good pet sitter, some veterinary hospitals might offer pet boarding. You will commonly find cat and dog boarding services at these clinics, including additional services like pet grooming or training for dogs.
To conclude, when looking for a veterinary hospital for your pets, find one that offers a range of services. At Islington Village, our top veterinary Toronto hospital, you can find services ranging from dental care to pet boarding, and much more.Veterinary Toronto Hospital
View Larger Map